Send a message to Zimbabwe Teachers' Association (ZIMTA)
190 Herbert Chitepo Avenue, P.O.Box 1440Harare Ask your friend about this business.
The Zimbabwe Teachers Association (ZIMTA), is the largest teacher trade union in Zimbabwe representing at least 44 000 members across Zimbabwe. Our members are educators drawn from primary schools, secondary schools, and heads of schools, college lecturers, education officers and the education personnel. ZIMTA is an authentic organization whose governance is guided by a constitution. All elected national executive members are voted into office every 4 years in a manner that guarantees democracy, transparency and accountability.
ZIMTA was established in 1942 with the main aim of mobilizing all teachers so that they can speak with one voice. Educators who subscribe to ZIMTA membership receive a number of benefits. Chief among these are negotiated workers salaries and legal advice as matters of priority.
In addition to programmes that benefit members directly, ZIMTA seeks to influence the education policy in Zimbabwe through submitting evidence that assists in decision making processes.
ZIMTA is an apolitical organization which is affiliated to other local and international organizations. Education International (EI), Pan African Teachers' Centre (PATC), Laraforbundent and The Southern African Teachers Organisation (SATO) are some of the international and regional organisations that ZIMTA works with.
1. Promote, advance and protect the socio-economic and professional needs, rights and interests of its members.
2. Advocate and promote the development and provision of relevant quality public education in Zimbabwe.
3. Develop, Lobby and implement sound national educational policies and programs.
4. Promote the preservation of sound and progressive cultural heritage of the Zimbabwean people.
5. Associate, affiliate and collaborate with other organizations with similar objectives in Zimbabwe and the world over.
6. Engage in income generating activities that promote and advance the needs and interests of its members.
7. Collect and disseminate relevant and appropriate information to members and stakeholders.
8. Promote gender equality and equity in the Association and the Educational sector and all spheres of society.
Vision, Mission, Value
The first choice professional association/trade union for teachers in Zimbabwe.
To promote, advance and protect the needs, interests and rights of ZIMTA members as well as advocate for quality public education.
Branches Contact Details for Zimbabwe Teachers' Association (ZIMTA)